MYNTIX™ is a software platform owned and developed by Peppermint Technologies Inc.™
- Our website https://myntix.ca
Company Mailing Address
Peppermint Technologies Inc.™
132 Rosewood Gate N
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7V 0K9
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What data do we collect and how do we collect it?
Important : Many times the only way we collect your information is when a MYNTIX™ Administrator (a Peppermint Technologies employee or administrator from your organization) adds your data to the MYNTIX™ platform manually.
- We will definitely collect your IP Address when visiting our website and using our platform
- We might collect your name, email, phone number if you submit it into a contact or registration form on our website or if an Administrator imports your data into the MYNTIX™ platform as a learner so that you can receive content on our platform
- We might collect your employee ID (or the like), or other personal data if an Administrator includes this information when importing into the MYNTIX™ platform so that you can receive content on our platform.
- We might collect images or videos that depict you or if you were to upload images or videos into MYNTIX™ or if an Administrator of MYNTIX™ uploaded files that might include information about you.
- We might collect behavior on our sites when you use or view our sites in scope via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
- We use your IP Address mainly to detect fraud and make sure our sites are secure. If we know your IP address we can better analyze traffic on our site and block bad actors.
- We use your name to identify you in our platform for the purposes of customer support and follow up. We also use your name in our platform if you are a member of one of our client organizations. Your name may be shown to other learners under our leaderboard or in our chat function. We also use your name when texting or emailing you.
- Your email may be used for us to follow up with you if you ask us to contact you or if you register for a resource on our website. Your email may also be used by MYNTIX™ Administers to enrol you in courses and send you notifications..
- Your phone number (mobile) may be used for us to call or text message you if you asked us to contact you or if you registered for a resource on our website. Your phone number may also be used by MYNTIX™ Administrators to enrol you in courses and send notifications.
- Other personal data like employee ID or job title, may be used by an Administrator to segment learners and restrict access to resources in the platform.
- Certain actions performed on our sites are recorded with our analytics providers, this data is used to aggregate site behavior into metrics we use to improve our services.
We may share your data with approved vendors (sub-processors) and they may receive one or more of your personal data points to help us provide services.
How do you store your data?
We securely store your data at in various secure data centers in the Canada and the United States.
- 100% client and learner data input to MYNTIX™ is stored on a VPS server in Canada
- Client data submitted via form registrations on our website is stored in the United States.
Personal data is purged from our datasets when a client of MYNTIX™ requests their account be removed. Many of our 3rd party vendors store data no more than 30 days and some store data as long as the data stored in the 3rd party is required to fulfill the service level agreement we have with our Client.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
- Keeping you signed into your account
- Understanding how you use our sites
- Improving the performance of your experience on our sites
- Maintaining a uniform profile in our support tools and analytics providers to provide better support.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These are cookies that are integral to your ability to use the product the way it was designed to be used. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Personalization – We use these cookies to personalize the site with custom messaging depending on your use of the site. Our support chat tool falls under the personalization cookie category as well.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. For EU Residents, you will be able accept or reject cookie use, using our cookie consent manager.
How to manage cookies
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights as EU resident. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com